Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fantasy Shiners and Sleepers: Week Two Results



Same as last week. Some good picks, some bad. Really bad, but we move on in life to pick another week. So, here's the results of my Week Two picks. Week Three should be out the same time as always. Some where around Friday night into Saturday morning. Enjoy.

Quarterbacks

Top - Peyton Manning vs Miami
Statline: 14/23, 303 yards, 2 TD's
Fantasy Points: 24

It wasn't pretty, but Peyton got it done when it needed to be and is now the all-time Colts leader in QB wins. And sure, 24 points isn't "fantastic" but tell me you wouldn't take 24 points from your quarterback week in and week out. I know I would.

Sleeper - Trent Edwards vs Tampa Bay
Statline: 21/31, 230 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT, 3 carries, 24 yards
Fantasy Points: 23

Trent Edwards is starting to prove all the doubters wrong. Nobody thought he could run this no huddle offense, especially after having his OC fired just a few weeks before the start of the season. He finally got a TD out of TO, but only 3 completions to Owens. He's doing it without his number one target acting number one, which is the most impressive thing.



Running Backs

Top - Adrian Peterson vs Detroit
Statline: 15 carries, 92 yards, 1 TD, 4 catches, 24 yards, Fumble
Fantasy Points: 15

This is one of those average predictions, but come on, who didn't think Peterson was going to go nuts against Detroit? Regardless, 15 points is a decent point output. I know I'd take it on my team every week, but I need a little more out of my top selection.

Sleeper - Clinton Portis vs St. Louis
Statline: 19 carries, 79 yards
Fantasy Points: 7

Not a good week for me in RB's. I would've been better off going with last weeks sleeper pick here (Cadillac Williams for those who can't remember.) What can I say, I figured somebody might want to show up to this game offensively. Sorry for assuming something so asanine. My apologies.



Wide Receivers

Top - Reggie Wayne vs Miami
Statline: 3 catches, 37 yards
Fantasy Points: 3

Wide Receivers this year must be trying to make me look bad. Both picks last week were flops at the WR position. Same with this week. After coming off a monster week, Reggie Wayne disappeared. Only good that comes out of this is that I was playing against a guy with Wayne (Bad thing, he had Dallas Clark too. FML.).

Sleeper - Louis Murphy vs Kansas City
Statline: 2 catches, 26 yards
Fantasy Points: 2

I'm not sure if this has to do with Murphy or Russell not being able to throw the ball into the Grand Canyon while he's standing right next to it (For my sake, I'll take the latter). I really like what this kid can do, but sadly, Russell's inaccuracy may hold this entire offense back all season long.



Tight Ends

Top - Tony Gonzalez vs Carolina
Statline: 7 catches, 71 yards, 1 TD
Fantasy Points: 13

Once again Tony G comes up big for Atlanta. He's really proving why he's widely considered (include me in this) the best Tight End in NFL history. Certainly the best still playing. He came up big for me last week, and once again this week. He may just be my top TE every week (too bad he has to take a bye).

Sleeper - Vernon Davis vs Seattle
Statline: 2 catches, 32 yards
Fantasy Points: 3

I should've went with my original gut feeling, Brent Celek (who recorded his second 100-yard game in as many games). Oh well. It's not like Vernon completely bombed it. Nor did anyone on the 49er offense have a chance to touch the football. I mean outside the of the center and quarterback, by default, Frank Gore didn't need any assistance.



Defense

Top - Tennessee vs Houston
Statline: 34 points against, 420 yards
Fantasy Points: 0

I don't wanna talk about it... Bad pick. My bad. Won't happen again, let's move on please. My sleeper pick was good at least, right?

Sleeper - San Francisco vs Seattle
Statline: 10 points against, 283 yards, 1 INT, 1 Sack'
Fantasy Points: 11

A good showing by Mike Singletary's 49ers. I don't know about going with them next week (some guy by the name of Adrian Peterson's on the other team.). Aside from that though, this defense will show up. That's Singletary's policy and that's what he's going to put on the field. Look out for the 49ers in 2009. May even take the division.


*All fantasy point totals are using NFL.com's Fantasy Scoring system.*




Enter your email address for all the best NFL news, rumors, and analysis daily:

Delivered by FeedBurner